Wow!! What a year 2011 was! It was a rough year for my family….physically, emotionally and spiritually. From sleep studies, to kidney stones, to cancer, to shingles, to surgeries……we’ve had it all! Not counting planning a surprise 70th birthday party for my Mom, planning a graduation for my daughter, then sending her off to school and celebrating our 25th anniversary!!! All the while, trying to keep up with the daily ins and outs of raising kids, homeschooling kids and keeping house. That’s why I’ve not been bogging much!
Although 2011 was a hard year, God was faithful to walk with me every day! Through each trial, I learned many lessons. Some of these lessons include:
1. God is faithful; He will never leave me or forsake me!
2. The Lord is kind and He longs to give good gifts to His children! His mercies are new every morning!
3. God always keeps His promises! He doesn’t promise us wealth, or a life without pain, heartache or trouble….but He does promise us peace! We just have to accept and claim that peace!
4. God’s Word is ALIVE! Although I’ve always “known” this and “believed” it, over this last year I have learned how to LIVE it! Through many verses, the Lord has shown me that He has so much to say to ME! His words of hope, comfort, peace, and promise have been what has kept me going every day. I can’t wait to get into His Word every day to see what He wants to say to me!!
5. God answers prayers! It has been such a faith-builder not only for me and my husband, but also for our children to see God continually answer our prayers. On several occasions, my children and I would pray for something specifically one morning and the Lord would graciously grant that exact request that very day! He is SO good!
6. God is ALWAYS at work for our good and His glory!!
We are not sure what 2012 holds for our family. The one thing we do know is that, just as in 2011, the Lord will walk through each day of 2012 with us!! To Him be the glory!!
Wishing each of you a very happy and blessed 2012!!!